If you or someone in your family faces criminal charges in the Minneapolis metro area, the consequences can be severe. Whether you need a lawyer for a DUI defense or you face a more serious violent crime or drug charge, the outcome of your case can impact your career, your family and your long-term future.
The most important decision you make is the attorney you select to represent you. You want a lawyer who:
- Focuses on criminal defense exclusively.
- Will work directly with you from start to finish rather than assign your case to a junior attorney or a legal assistant.
- Treats every client with respect and holds him or herself to the highest ethical standards.
- Takes the time to explain all of your options and involve you in the decision-making process.
- Has established a significant record of successfully representing individuals in misdemeanor and felony cases.
- Has taken cases to trial and won rather than settling all cases without going to trial. Too many lawyers are quick to negotiate a settlement that is not in the best interest of their clients. It is this reputation, the willingness to try cases if in the client's best interest to do so, that separates us ...
Felony Crime Attorney Serving Hennepin/Carver/Scott Counties And The Greater Twin Cities
At Mankey Law Office in Golden Valley, Minnesota, attorney Matthew J. Mankey has aggressively protected clients' rights for more than 23 years. We represent individuals in a broad spectrum of criminal cases, from DUI and domestic violence to drug crimes, identity theft and all federal offenses.
We are committed to minimizing the impact that a criminal charge has on your life. If you select our firm to represent you, we will begin by carefully reviewing the existing facts of your case as well as collecting our own. We don't rely on police reports or other government-generated documents to tell the full story. We interview witnesses ourselves and hire our own investigators in order to strengthen your defense.
Attorney Mankey works directly with every client, from the free initial consultation through the resolution of the case. And because an informed client is more engaged in his or her own defense, Mr. Mankey takes the time to fully explain the charges, the options, and the short- and long-term consequences of each decision. We want our clients to play an integral role in their own defense because it generally leads to a more favorable outcome.
Meet With Our Experienced Minneapolis Criminal Defense Lawyer
We welcome the opportunity to answer your questions and review the facts of your case during a free, no-obligation consultation. We will provide a straightforward assessment and recommend the best steps to take. Contact us to schedule an appointment.