Six men in Minnesota may soon be hoping to find out more information on their legal predicaments after being taken into custody. It was reported that the men allegedly responded to advertisements for juvenile prostitution. The ads were placed by police in an undercover operation to potentially catch individuals attempting to pay for sexual intercourse with underage girls.
The men taken into custody are said to have responded to the ads and were reportedly told that they could meet the girls at a hotel. Upon arriving at the location, each man was taken into custody. The ages of the individuals who allegedly responded to the ads ranged from 24 to 39 years old. They were purportedly informed that the prostitutes being advertised were 15 and 17-year-old girls.
The men have face charges of felony solicitation of a juvenile for prostitution. It was not mentioned whether any other charges could potentially stem from the event. It was noted that multiple agencies had been working on the operation that focuses on sex trafficking, and the overall operation has apparently been in effect for approximately a year and a half.
The men accused in these alleged incidents will likely want to defend against the solicitation allegations that have been leveled against them. They may wish to determine whether charges relating to juvenile prostitution could have different implications than other types of similar charges and how those charges may affect them. Additionally, they may each find consulting with legal counsel helpful in determining what defense options may be best suited to the specific accusations as they each move through Minnesota criminal court system.
Source: mprnews.org, "Six charged in underage sex trafficking sting", Jon Collins, Sept. 29, 2015